Wednesday, November 26, 2008

grateful for....

hello to all who read...
isn't it interesting how there is one day that everyone stops to realize what they have to be grateful for or maybe it isn't that way between those who read but talking about the general population- the travel traffic was more than crazy today...while i think it is a good thing...and definately cause for a celebration...family and friends together....it makes me, and my quirky self, kindof pensive...in a good way...and maybe that is the purpose for me...

i really hope we don't wait that long...to give your very best effort in a meal for family, to have them over even, to use fine china and breakable glasses (you know the ones with dust on them that leave a ring, not tumblers folks)...to travel to see company, to take time off, to thank God for what you have...i mean the gratefulness that leaves you speechless on your knees in front of Almighty God......we all need all 365 days this year to praise a creator that continues to bless us even though we are more than wretched...the list of things that i am grateful for is absolutely endless...and the reasons i am wretched are even more endless...to be certain, i am grateful for God's mercy and his love...

while i know that it is life and human certainly to take days for granted and even people and blessings...but let Thanksgiving for me be a fabulous visit with family, a small meal in light of bathroom mirror goals, wonderful words between special and loved ones...and a meter for checking my gratefulness yearound...

someone asked me recently what my favorite holiday memory is... and my answer included Thanksgiving day...dinner with my family...the funny thing is that this memory because a favorite just a few years ago...my brothers and i started sharing stories of things we had "gotten away with" during the years that we all lived either under my parents' roof or in college...of course there are some things left unsaid (for a few more years) but there are so many funnies that are now safe to share...try it!! I hope your family will laugh or your Thanksgiving may turn out a little different than ours...be careful what your share dear ones...

precious Sam...you got good news today!! you are precious, strong, and loved
Bebek...you might as well be my sister...i love you...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ha! Did y'all talk about you, Rebecca and me on Spring Break with only 30 cents and a gas card??? That's all I'll say in case you didn't. hehe!