Tuesday, September 16, 2008

courage....and encouragement

what a wonderful thing courage...by definition?
COURAGE: NOUN, mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty ....
OR
the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.

definately describes something that i am learning...so in light of my bathroom mirror goals i am hoping what i am about to share is helpful...to one if not more....

sometimes i think it takes an event, a decision, or even a "i've had enough" moment to be dedicated and establish my goal(s)....a chat with myself ...a desperate prayer...

what exactly am i learning to be courageous about?
something that i struggle with...a goal never completed in my opinion.
whatever matters most that impacts others as well as myself and requires great attention and perseverence...
stick-to-it-ness, long-term planning and dedication...
whatever it is ....you label it.

what is it in your life that requires so much out of you that you are forced to ask and pray for courage? forced to rely on someone other than yourself for help and bravery... so i have waited on the Lord and he is daily encouraging me and i am learning to rely...on someone other than my husband, a friend, or even a schedule or something temporal. Courage has been really important to my goals...i have a Savior that cares about me and i am greatly encouraged by the strength that comes from my God...

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Psalm 37:3

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
Isaiah 40:29

Fear thou not: for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10

so i am sharing my recent pursuit because i think when we are dedicated to something it will require a great amount of physical and mental energy not to mention emotional energy..there is great room for our Savior to show himself mighty.

i have learned that courage comes not from results (although the reason for the goal in the first place), not from circumstances but from God Almighty being faithful in his promise to me...i am courageous in my pursuits and as an end to any difficulty i have received the greatest gift...encouragement (noun : boost, encouragement the act of giving hope or support to someone)
Hope....another great thing...
blessings until next time...
all my love to old friends and new...

No comments: