Wednesday, April 23, 2008

i just read this in one of my favorite blogs..."With the continual and constant change of emotions that a mother faces in her day, I am thankful to God that He is my stability - As I rest in Him, trust in Him that all things work together for good too those who love him and are called according to His purpose... I don't have to be a rollercoaster of emotions... being swayed by each event that surfaces to rock my boat. He is my calm, He is my patience, and He is who I want to find all my satisfaction, my identity, my significance."

this is the lesson that i am trying to learn today...most often and every day lately....i am so grateful for God's word...how is it that i am supposed to avoid the roller coaster that i seem to be on...
i seem to be...
emotionally preoccupied to say the least
busy only because i have chosen it...mmm
dedicated and passionate about my family
i want to be...
certain about my purpose and completely
laid back with no signs of stress
loving and kind...at all times
soft and gentle in my spirit

i share this because i am not naive enought to think i am the only one in this predicament...

i think that this is what God is trying to teach me...total and complete dependance on him. if he wasn't using my job it would be something else- probably with more consequences than whether we received a shipment that was useful in packing TONS of orders....just some thoughts that i am positive apply to lots of people...or at least i hope!!

on the flip side- and maybe not so serious...spring is wonderful and i will finally post some pictures of what that looks like for me and my wonderful husband, precious kids....

i do not say enough about how wonderful my husband is...the backbone of our family -after God's own heart...someone who is loving, kind, and speaks only words that seem to have been thought about for longer than the two seconds he had to respond to what i said to him... wonderfully forgiving and a great accountability partner...loving, such a hard-worker...supportive. GODLY....i see daily the evidence of his desire to follow God's will for our family....thank you Lord....

1 comment:

Summer Kempfer said...

ash- love you so much! i'm happy your blogging. i only have time to post pics in my blog so i went blog surfing today...loved reading everything you wrote...and would agree most definately with everything said! thanks for being a light...what an awesome opportunity!