Monday, July 28, 2008

new friends and old ones...

isn't it funny how many people you meet and the impact that you have on each other...
i actually call my friends new ones and old ones...you know, old friends are the ones where you skip "hey, how are you..." and get right to the good stuff.
i look back and see the path that each friendship has taken (yes, i am learning to be more analytical, ha ha! old friends)- and which friends stick around and which ones find "new friends"...
i am grateful for every single kind of friend and especially when you get to change for the better... and the ones that really teach you something that you know you would not have learned if it wasn't for them...
a relationship used to be that way - Even though you leave a piece behind - what if it wasn't that way and you were not changed along the way? i am so grateful for that part of God's plan...what a wonderful author he is..

i guess i have thought alot about all of this especially this week -i have had to dig deep for the drive and gumption this week...just "to do" today. in a good way and a bad way.

i found myself on the floor of my laundry room tuesday night, completely helpless-no phone, 2 kids (wanting snacks) ...muscle spasm- understatement, back pain at it's finest. stress-complete understatement...satan attacking me in my weakest points. i could do nothing but pray that God would have mercy on me and teach me...i knew it was a directly related to serving the week before and trying to recover...satan's best work...

so i am grateful for the friends that would understand without any explanation...and their response would be so flavorful...i love you precious friends...

on a lighter note...
VBS at our house started this morning and i hope you will pray for all of the littles that attend..this year our church is taking VBS on the road...to a bunch of backyards all over Birmingham...i will share pictures later this week...

even lighter...you folks are so funny...countless emails about my crazy chairs that you can see in my kitchen next to the fort...funny enough i wrestled with whether or not to "do it" and i have enjoyed them so much!! thanks for the confirmation. hilarious!!

love to all and pictures next time!


Psalm 63

1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

9 They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.

10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.

11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

4 comments:

The Pieroni Family said...

hi, i always read your posts (from angela fratesi's page) and try to keep up with the clothing line. we live in vestavia hills and i see that you all are somewhere in bham. we go to our lady of the valley catholic church and i was wondering what church does vbs on the road...how cute. i get what you are saying about the old/new friends. we've moved allll over and i totally get it :) keep blogging!

Melissa said...

From and OLD friend, I miss you! Let's plan on getting together this fall!!

Ashley Eiler said...

hey pieroni family!
thanks for the comment...we go to brookhills!! carnival is this friday night at the church...please come i will be doing tatoos...6-8. keep reading!!

Summer Kempfer said...

i will be warring in prayer for you this week. I know VBS is probably finishing up and I can't wait to hear. I happy to hear that you recognize the attacks of the enemy...some don't. praying for you right now that you will be covered in the blood and protected by His armour! love you and we need to talk soon!