Wednesday, October 1, 2008

blinking bats and a uhaul....













hhhhhheeeeeeyyyyyyy to all that read...
i am in rare form today, so bare with me...quirky as usual but there is no way to handle my life today unless done with a great amount of humor...boxes, clothes, racks, hangers etc. flying...logan is sick...no mother's day out, house is dirty and i have to pick up a u-haul after a pediatrician appointment (STREP BTW)...that can't be a good combination, right? while i know everyone has these days i can't help but think i have brought this on myself in so many ways...and maybe everybody does but why are we all such gluttons for punishment...???

while i say that motherhood is hard...i can conquer most things in my pajamas and i am so grateful for the opportunity to do so...

we leave tomorrow for memphis... amelia, mia and i with uhaul in tow...packed full no doubt hopefully not bumping behind too badly...great music and great times in store as always ..amelia and i never have a tough time getting along or working together so i am thrilled and up for the adventure ...and memories that always come with roadtrips..
i also absolutely love meeting customers and getting to see old friends in memphis (my hometown)...fun times in store!! not to mention i am hoping you all come knowing that you cannot live without a bunch more BBTN items in your child's closet...you couldn't possibly live without payton paisley pants or meghan skorts right? what kind of mother would you be if you didn't have matching bows?? (a big LOL on that one as mia runs around with a ponytail holder in a target outfit - that i love on...) life is short but not too short to have target clothes and TONS of BBTN things....

so everybody needs blinking bats on their front porch, purple no less and a ghost named "alex"...it's starting to feel like fall with mums blooming and pansies planted (had to plant early because i killed my summer annuals)...isn't it funny how you are willing to let the old ones die and so ready and rejuvenated all of a sudden to plan on watering new flowers... don't husbands love it when you let annuals die!?


i love annuals and here is why...they are bright, ready for the new season, and if you give them time and attention they will give you all that they have... story of me!! ready for every single new phase and season, i crave time and attention (just like everyone) and i will give all the passion i can muster...



i know this is how i am called to live it's just i can't do it alone...there are too many things that seem harder than they have to be...
our God is great, merciful, loving and kind yet just...

blessings until next time...see you in memphis!!

4 comments:

The Fab Five said...

Oh bless your heart! so sorry you have a sick one and be careful on your trip. I wish so much that I could be there to finally meet ya'll but this month is totally crazy for me. One day!!

p.s. don't forget your camera!

Anonymous said...

Ashley~ sounds like such fun! Your post couldn't have come at a better time... I am having a day of days and your positive insight was such an uplifting read today. THANK YOU! I adore your posts, always seem to say something so helpful to me... thanks new friend!
Catherine
PS... wish I was visiting Mphs this weekend, I would come hang out with y'all!!!

Allison said...

Hey there:) Just wanted to tell you that I got my clothes and I LOVE them...seriously I think they are my favorite EVER!

I hope you guys have a fun trip! I know you will! I also hope Logan feels better;)

Love,
Allison

Anonymous said...

Read most of your blog. So sweet to sign off on loving me and Sam. We surely need the extra love and you surely provided that for us this weekend even with just the short visits. Thank you for the tech shortcut to texting too. More importantly, thank you for always being there for me even when your not there. That means the most. I love you bunches.