Tuesday, October 7, 2008

nice to meet you....


hello to all who read...
no rare form today...very subdued actually (i promise i do not have a mood disorder)...overwelmed by boxes, orders, and at the feet of Christ on several things... while things are so much fun most days struggles ensue as soon as you think life is grand...a quick reality check sometimes.

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]

2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways


12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."


i got an email from a friend asking who bebek and sam were...they asked and then responded with "i love bebek and sam too" which of course made me cry...and so
i want you to meet my precious friend and sister in Christ...Rebekah aka bebek and little one sam...

i got to see bebek shortly this weekend- she actually came to help us set-up for market and evidently was in need of "manual labor and girl time" which to those of you who know this business there is TONS of both...we are no strangers to manual labor and we love to make it fun...so we got to visit...and with that came more encouragement from her than she will ever know although told.

She inspires me...truly that she would have and be taking care of 3 boys, be training for a marathon and have the outlook, attitude, and be a woman after Christ's desires for her life. While Sam has retinol blastoma he is a trooper...smiling through chemo treatments and making everyone else happy along the way. While it certainly is no picnic as you all know i am encouraged by their reaction and resolve to use this as something that will help someone else...eternal implications.

i got to see bebek again on sunday before we left and we shared a few quiet moments when words are not enough for a great friend and practically sister...tears are sometimes but not words...
i am asking for your prayers...please cover this precious family in your petitions to God Almighty...safety, health, and encouragement. Not to mention all of the details...
and so today...full of thoughts as i am ...i wanted to introduce you to my precious bebek and baby sam...

i love you both...bebek and sam

3 comments:

The Fab Five said...

i can relate to the mood stuff!! that has got to be (one of) the sweetest baby boys I have seen and as I started reading, tears well up... oh how precious

Anonymous said...

ashley, I love your 'moods' =) and thanks for sharing about your friend and her little one...
catherine

Anonymous said...

Ash,
Thank you for the sweet plug and I wish to inform everyone of Sam's condition which his pediatrician found at his four month well check-up. Check out the link below.
Much hugs and kisses,
Bebek and Sam

http://www.eyecancer.com/Patient/Condition.aspx?nID=53&Category=Retinal+Tumors&Condition=Retinoblastoma