Thursday, August 7, 2008

logan's first day...


hello to all...
lots to tell you to do and lots to share...
mixed emotions all day today and certainly moments of almost losing it- but he could not have been more excited about his life today…
...my worst moment was making sure logan understood about riding the bus home... i was told by a friend to promise i would be there to meet him at the "bus stop" our cove. this is my first bus experience and it was a great one...they had taken our "stop" off the map since last year so it was chaos this morning trying to figure out if he would get home....the precious bus driver actually called me to let me know she knew where we lived and she would be bringing him home...thank you Lord for that!!
so breakfast every morning with daddy will be our new ritual...it’s nothing short of a healthy waffle house around here…















so…we all took logan to school today- you are “allowed” to walk him to his class one time!! So we did…he loved it and was completely fine…
I think at this point, as a mom, you have to say that “I have done the best job I possibly can and he is ready…I will pray over him and support him in all ways possible” that is what helped my mindset today….so I am sharing “the walk” into school, his teacher, and the mom- dreaded bus ride home….he of course loved it!!









On another note…i have been studying “intercessory prayer” in my quiet time…only to find it very useful today- there is a reason the Holy Spirit has recently laid it on my heart…many times people ask for prayer. Honestly, this has bothered me for awhile because the exchange while asking for prayer can sometimes be gossip or trite. I really have a burden for that- I don’t think we as Christians recognize the present prayer is…we get to talk to our almighty God WHENEVER and he cares… while I finally have studied come to terms with my feelings on prayer -I get a phone call today….my oldest friend, my precious friend needs my prayers and everyone’s prayers …I ask for unspoken prayer for little Sam. Sam and family, I will commit to pray without ceasing desperately seeking God’s face on your behalf.

BBTN: fun news to share…the BBTN workroom is running like clockwork!! New systems in place to handle the surge of orders are testing well and everyone is doing better than keeping up…early as a matter of fact. Our first shipments leave tomorrow…get ready girls at the UPS store (we love you)…heeerrrreeee we go again!! All manufacturers, vendors, and contract peoples are doing better than great and I am ever so grateful!! What a wonderful start to the season. Believe it or not I am actively working on spring 2009 and I cannot wait to show you what I have found…maybe a sneak peak coming up??

Owner show: ok folks I have a mental block against getting my invitations out for my party- I think I am a horrible hostess….i am so very glad that BBTN’s hostesses are nothing like me…soooo I have decided I will do by appointment Monday, Tuesday and do my show Wednesday 10-2(that is next week folks)! With a new twist…I think since not everyone has a rep in their area….i am going to open this show up for virtual rep orders as well – we will have the workroom phone available (205.533.7861) as well as emails to info@blessednames.com. Someone will be available to help you place a custom order mon, tues, or wed. and of course that is the usual set-up…but nevertheless…however if there is a show in your area I would love for you to support them or I will give them credit…..(hostesses: to be figured separately as credit)…

wordy tonight right?...i met a special new friend for lunch today and ended up at her blog by the end of today...my new favorite quote...thanks rashel!!

“You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally by the time you are real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all; because once you are real you can’t ever be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.” Velveteen Rabbit

Until next time…I love you baby sam…

No comments: