Monday, August 18, 2008

my way...


i have been full of thoughts the last few weeks...
i have examined alot of my thoughts and maybe even the things that i do...
alot of times i am particular about things and maybe don't even know why...
those of you who don't know me well- i come across as pretty laid back and don't seem to give tons of thought to things...
old friends know better...i am a little more thoughtful than most would think. certainly learning to be more analytical with age. perfect example...i am absolutely in love with "old school" color, tile, etc. i use these bowls every morning for the healthy waffle house routine and try not to grab the same two ... use two different colors...maybe different ones than i used yesterday just because i love them all. strange huh? then...when they all come out of the dishwasher i wonder if i should stack them together by color or not...cuter which way? one could argue i am a glutton for punishment for choosing open shelves instead of cabinets...true!!
so all that to say...i question what I do daily with very good reason on a level where all things matter. what is my purpose today? what can God teach me today? what are my motives for the things that i do? ...it all comes down to i am so grateful for God's mercy and grace on all days when i cannot live up to what he has asked me to do ...every day...
what is important?...certainly not dishes...but a small reminder...while things cannot be perfect in my mind(or on my shelves)i can still serve the one and only living God with all that i have...

james 1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has
stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised
to those who love him.

blessings until next time...
i love you sam!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Hey Ashley...somehow I ended up on your blog onetime, and now I check it all the time. I love all your insights--keep em coming! I also love the pictures you've posted of things in your house---I'd love it if you'd post some pics of your kitchen and other fun rooms of your house--you have a neat style! ---Summer O'Neal

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with summer...where'd you get those cute bowls??

The Fab Five said...

Love the bowls and the scripture reference